Cost Engineer Offshore Wind
Offshore wind is one of the fastest growing green energy markets. Not only in Western Europe, but also elsewhere in the world, wind farms are being considered to make the electricity supply more sustainable. By building wind farms at sea, Van Oord is contributing to the energy transition. To retain our leading position and keep up with the influx of tenders in the coming years, we are looking for a Cost Engineer Offshore Wind for our Offshore Wind business unit. As the Cost Engineer Offshore Wind, you will play an integral role in the tendering process for offshore wind projects in which your estimates can make the difference. Is drawing up multidisciplinary budgets for complex offshore wind projects what gets you excited? If so, read on to find out what Van Oord has on offer.
Our Offshore Wind business unit takes on multidisciplinary and complex tenders. Together with the tender team, you will be laying the foundations for successful offshore wind farm projects such as Borssele III & IV, Kriegers Flak, Norther and Deutsche Bucht. After Van Oord has been prequalified as a contractor for a project, a tender team is put together. You will start a new tender by going through all project documentation and a tender kick-off with the team headed by the Tender Manager. With all input, you will start making the first calculations. When necessary, you will seek advice to ensure that you can provide the tender team with an estimate as quickly as possible. You will often deal with tight deadlines, so goal-oriented work and excellent communication skills are essential in this role. This position is available in our Gorinchem office as well as in our Hamburg office.
As a Cost Engineer, you will prepare economically and technically valid cost and time estimates for tenders. You have a good understanding of logistic concepts and the capabilities and limits of offshore technology. That is why you will not only set up the calculation, but you will also understand what is really going on in the field. In this way, you can advise the tender team, based on your specialism, on the most cost- and time-efficient design.
- Other tasks and responsibilities are: Coordination with the relevant departments such as Engineering, Operations and Ship Management with the aim of drawing up an accurate and valid cost and time estimate;
- Coordination with our risk and planning specialist(s) to strive for fully integrated project management;
- Drawing up work calculations and offering support during the implementation phase of a project;
- Actively developing your expertise by keeping informed on the latest developments in the market and identifying possible opportunities for Van Oord.
As a person you are immune to stress and you have the capacity to work methodically, but above all you are a team player with excellent communication skills.
You also bring:
- Bachelor or Master degree, preferably in a technical field;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in making cost estimates;
- Experience with Cleopatra software is a definite plus;
- Experience in the offshore (wind) industry;
- Excellent command of the English language, verbally as well as in writing.
Working in an international, high demanding and dynamic organisation, with the possibility to truly have impact on our business, people and environment. We offer a complete package with excellent secondary employment benefits. The package includes among other things:
- A salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- 32 leave days of which a max. of 7 days can be appointed as collective leave days;
- A pension scheme;
- A variable bonus;
- Extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities;
- An adequate travel allowance;
- Collective health insurance (optional);
- Flexible working hours.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a leading global contractor in dredging, hydraulic engineering and offshore projects (oil, gas and wind). We are an innovative partner for our clients and have been contributing to the infrastructure of tomorrow's world for over a hundred years. Our people are committed, enterprising professionals with a passion for water and technology.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Apply online for the job by using the button below! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.