Large Projects Offshore
Based on the Energie-akkoord, where the targets and intentions for the transition to a more renewable energy supply are set, the Roadmap Offshore wind energy 2030 and the ambition to realise additional wind capacity prior to 2030 a roll-out strategy is being prepared for the medium term, including the IJmuiden Ver (DC) projects. This results in a commitment for TenneT to realise at least 3x (with the potential to increase up to 5) 2GW HVDC Grid Connection Systems which brings the power from offshore wind-farms located in the North sea to the Dutch electricity grid to be commissioned between 2028 - 2030.
This will be our challenge
TenneT is challenged with a multitude of complex tasks on a daily basis and is growing fast to realise its strategic ambitions. Network expansion, security of supply as well as the efficient operation and maintenance of our facilities require high-quality planning and implementation. Furthermore, we are experiencing a rapid digital change that is fundamentally changing the way we execute projects. We are moving towards a more digital way of working, Building Information Management (BIM) is one of those steps that we take. We consider BIM as a database approach centralised around data and technology that connect a variety of systems, TenneT employees and external stakeholders.
Our organisational vision with the implementation of BIM is the creation of a standard-based open ecosystem for the employees and the project-partners, putting data, standardisation and interoperability in the centre of asset life-cycle-management to assure transparency and security of supply.
Even though the vision is clear and the first steps moving towards it have been taken, we are still in transition and simultaneously need to execute projects in a timely manner, within budget and with a high quality of information for future use. We are looking for a passionate Project (BIM) Information Manager who will contribute to this. Will that be you?
Your contribution to TenneT
- Implementing a digital way-of-working, best-practices and templates within project execution
- Provide BIM support and training to the project teams and be the contactperson for the Contractors for BIM
- Contribute to the implementation of BIM in the whole asset lifecycle
- Discuss and approve the BIM execution Plan for the execution phase
- Initiate/attend workshops to implement EIR, the Project Information Protocol and other IM requirements
- Guide the development of the model(s) from conception to handover to Asset Management
- Monitoring of documentation, alphanumerical data and geometric information deliverables
- Adapt rulesets to correctly check the models at end of each execution phase
- Review models at the end of phase comparing and comparing them to the verification reports
Your Profile and background
- Proactive coordinator of different stakeholders
- Able to interpret complex structures and convert them into easy-to-understand ways-of-working and documents
- Demonstrated ability to self-organise and communicate with relevant stakeholders within an international organisation
- Experience working in large complex infrastructure projects
- 3 - 5 years of experience with BIM methods, tools and processes
- Excellent communication skills in English, in addition communication skills in Dutch and/or German are preferred
TenneT is a solid stable employer that shows high growth, performing a crucial role in society. A company with one of the biggest investment programs in the country and relations with a wide range of institutions. Within TenneT, Offshore Wind is one of the most revolutionary developments with an attractive long term outlook. TenneT is globally a top offshore grid developer, being the biggest investor in the German energy transition. We offer a responsible function in salary scale 8 (between €3287 - €6746 based on full time employment), 40 days leave, 8% holiday allowance, 6% end of year bonus, €60 gross per month medical allowance, good pension scheme) within one of the most dynamic settings in the energy sector in a fascinating and dynamic international working environment.
In our online-application-form you can apply within only minutes. Afterwards we screen your application and get back to you as soon as possible. Our selection process consists of two interviews.
An assessment can be part of the application procedure.
At entry, TenneT performs a Pre-Employment Screening
Closing date of this vacancy is June 10.
For further questions regarding the recruiting process please contact:
People | Talent Acquisition
T + 31 (0) 889368325
For questions relating to the position:
Jules Knoups or Monique van Kempen
Large Projects Offshore | IJmuiden Ver
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org