Future Proof Shipping B.V.
Future Proof Shipping B.V. (FPS) (www.futureproofshipping.com), offers zero-emissions shipping services to enable players across the value chain make the transition to zero-emissions. As a zero-emissions vessel owner, FPS aims to build and operate a fleet of 10 zero-emission inland and short-sea vessels over the next five years which they will offer for charter to logistics service providers and cargo owners. FPS also facilitates other shipowners and stakeholders in the maritime sector who are ready to make the shift to zero-emissions, through technical support as well as project development and management.
In 2022, FPS will retrofit her first inland vessel, the Maas, to sail on hydrogen fuel cells to transport container cargo between The Netherlands and Belgium. Although fuel cells and hydrogen have already been tested in the marine industry, FPS expects this to be the first to demonstrate such a system for main propulsion at this scale, and in commercial operations.
Future Proof Shipping is looking for a pragmatic and enthusiastic Project Manager, who is able to contribute to the success of FPS’ commercial and research projects.
Reports to: CEO
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Support the technical team in the coordination of ship retrofit/new building projects. Liaise with shipyards, technology suppliers and other partners to ensure that projects are on track.
- Manage FPS’ contribution into Dutch or EU research projects. This could involve:
- supporting the drafting of proposals,
- finding consortium partners and managing relationships with them,
- building, negotiating and tracking budgets,
- attending consortium meetings as required,
- preparing and submitting periodic project reports for internal and audit purposes,
Experience and education:
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ relevant professional experience managing complex projects, or a PhD in a relevant discipline in lieu of years of experience
- Master’s degree in a technical or management discipline
- Good practical and theoretical knowledge of project management frameworks
- Fluency in Dutch and English, written and spoken
Nice to have:
- A background in shipping, energy, renewables or heavy industry.
- Knowledge of maritime and/or environmental regulations.
What's on Offer
- An open, modern working environment, using short communication lines
- Possibilities for growth in responsibilities and personal development
- International working environment
- Working with interesting high-tech products
- Fun team that wants to learn and grow
To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Only applications sent by email will be considered.
In case of any queries regarding the vacancy, please reach out to our CEO, Richard Klatten at firstname.lastname@example.org.