Senior Design Engineer
As a Senior Design Engineer, you will work on the engineering for the preparation and execution of our offshore wind and coastal projects. You will manage and coordinate the different cable design interfaces, trenching, electrical and mechanical scopes for both tenders and projects and will also be involved in landfall design.
Because of the wide variety of specializations, we are looking for motivated candidates to reinforce our engineering team. Together, we work on DEME’s vision of creating a sustainable future.
- Provide engineering expertise and advice, both on-site and from headquarters, to support reliable, high-quality, safe, sustainable and efficient services at optimum cost levels;
- analyze and assess tender documents, contracts and specifications regarding technologies, methods, processes, stakeholders and QHSE-S and perform initial opportunity and risk analyses, determine which parties and/or sub-contractors need to be involved;
- translate specifications and/or client requirements to (parts of) a design/construction proposal/stakeholder management plan;
- propose method statements and/or carry out engineering and/or calculations for EPCI offshore construction tenders;
- maintain contact with clients and answer questions relating to own area of focus in consultation with relevant internal decision-makers during the negotiations.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Civil, Mechanical or Marine Engineering;
- at least 5 years of relevant working experience;
- experience in design coordination of EPCI projects;
- good communication skills and being able to lead a team;
- fluent in verbal and written English.
- An extensive mobility program for a healthy work-life balance;
- a permanent training track which allows you to develop yourself personally and professionally;
- a stimulating, innovative workplace with numerous growth opportunities;
- a people-oriented environment with an interactive health program and a focus on employee well-being.