Part Sales Engineer
Are you a problem-solver who enjoys new challenges and is willing to work as part of a cross-functional team to deliver excellent results to our customers time and time again?
If you answered ‘yes’ to this question, then you may be a good fit for Damen Services!
We are hiring for a range of non-technical and technical positions and we are hiring to fill the job vacancy for a Parts Sales Engineer within the Services Department.
Nice to meet you!
We are Damen Services. Damen Services is a team of creative, entrepreneurial, and motivated people who support each other and enjoy coming to work each day. We interact directly with Damen customers around the world, helping them find solutions to challenging situations. Our team goes the distance for each other and for our customers, and we all take pride in our ability to put groups of skilled, ‘can-do’ team members together to find and implement solutions.
Meet the team:
Our Parts specialists within the regional team provide (mainly existing) customers with the necessary spare parts during the life cycle of the ship. You will have your own customer base for which you are responsible parts specialist, and you cooperate closely with 5-6 other specialists in the regional team.
As a Parts Sales Engineer Services, you will meet all the needs of our customers in the field of spare parts, logistics and common activities. In consultation with the account manager and sales manager, you will approach the customers in your region. As Part Sales Engineer you are responsible for the entire part sales order process. You will be working from our office in Gorinchem (NL), focusing on the region Americas.
This is a good fit if you like to do the following:
- Active approach towards (potential) clients and inform them about the possibility of delivery of specific components;
- Within your region, you will be responsible for the proactive sales of spare parts;
- On a successful sale, you take care of the process by ordering materials and coordinating the logistics;
- Maintaining contact with both clients and suppliers about delivery times and prices;
- Performing accurately additional administrative work, such as building a dossier for each project;
- Keep track of the many projects running simultaneously;
- Cooperate with colleagues to strive for a better result every day;
We ask our future Parts Sales Engineer Services to come prepared with the following:
- Preferably a completed MBO + level in a technical or commercial direction;
- Between 3 and 5 years’ experience in a technical sales role preferable within a Service Department;
- Good command of Dutch and English, Spanish is an advantage.
- Result-oriented, a "Parts Sales Engineer Services" with initiative and management skills;
- Communicating effectively with team members and stakeholders;
- A pragmatic, persuasive Parts Sales Engineer with a solid personality, fitting within a dynamic organisation with a hands-on culture;
- Decisive and at the same time flexible in your approach and works methodically;
- Able to influence, put things into perspective and also knows how to have the patience that is sometimes needed to achieve results;
- Well able to manage expectations.
We want to make sure you are a happy Parts Sales Engineer, so we offer:
- The opportunity to develop yourself in this position. We are a growing organization where Services is the driving force. Entrepreneurship is in our DNA, and that's why we continue to grow and innovate and offer plenty of opportunities. All you have to do is grab them.
- Personal guidance, freedom, varied work and a work environment where your opinion counts;
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- An International work environment;
- Various growth and development opportunities;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines;
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Damen is a family-owned, client-driven organization that has been in operation since 1927. Our primary business involves ships, but we are not just a shipbuilder. We are a global operation of diverse people with a range of skills that deliver innovation and quality to the maritime sector. Our business priority is to deliver for the needs of the present, while working to solve the challenges of the future.
Still with us and ready to apply?
Apply online for the position of Parts Sales Engineer Services by scrolling down and using the apply button at the bottom of this page.
We look forward to meeting you!