Manager Safety and Environment (Project Based)
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 1.000 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
For this interim role Damen Naval is looking for a Manager Safety and Environment who can start on short notice on a temporary basis for a period of twelve months.
As Manager Safety and Environment you will coordinate and project managing all the technical and process activities for sub-contracted work, for example the Hazard Assessment and Environmental Impact Analysis. This includes activities related to the definition, procurement, engineering, interfacing, verification, and acceptance. This to achieve a safe and sustainable design for the developed ships and optionally the related land-based facilities which Damen Naval delivers to its customers.
As Manager Safety and Environment (Project Based) you will:
- Set up the technical specification for the subcontracted work.
- Coordinate and align internal stakeholders and ensure that there is proper integration with the subcontractor regarding the outsourced scope such as Hazzard Assessment, Environmental Impact Analyses.
- Coordinate and facilitate subcontractor (suppliers) contribution to the project during preparation and execution phases.
- Take ownership of the assigned subcontractor for the project to drive and attain targeted results within the set project constraints for schedule, quality, and cost.
- Ensure that the required input is handed over to the subcontractor and that the result of the subcontracted work is brought back into the project organization.
- Organise and / or participate in project reviews with all relevant parties.
- Secure the planning, execution and synchronisation of project activities related to all deliverables and obligations of the subcontractors.
As Manager Safety and Environment (Project Based) you need to have:
- Bachelor or Master and three years experience in hands-on acting with engineers, suppliers, subcontractors staff and project and program managers in (naval) shipbuilding.
- Hands-on experience in subcontract management preferably gained in complex project environments.
- Preferably experience in hazard assessments and environmental impact analyses.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language both written and verbal.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A comprehensive introduction to shipbuilding for anyone without a naval or maritime background.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Manager Safety and Environment (Project Based), and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Damen Naval is closed from 31 July until 13 August due to the summer holiday. This will result in a delayed response to your application.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.