Integration Engineer Propulsion Systems (Schiedam)
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
As Integration Engineer Propulsion Systems at Damen Naval you will be responsible for the design and integration of the Propulsion Systems into our naval projects throughout the engineering phase. You can be involved from the proposal phase in the project to participate in the defining and selection of feasible propulsion configurations and components.
As Integration Engineer Propulsion Systems, you will be responsible for the acquisition of propulsion components in close cooperation with the Purchasing department during the Basic Engineering phase. In addition, you will be responsible for integration of these purchased propulsion components with the vessels platform. During the Detailed Engineering phase, you will participate in Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and compose the installation & alignment procedures for the propulsion components. During the installation, STW, HAT and SAT Provides you will provide production support.
As Integration Engineer Propulsion Systems, you will:
- Setting up of functional technical specifications for suppliers and subcontractors based upon customer and design requirements.
- Perform technical evaluations of quotations from suppliers in close cooperation with the purchasing department.
- Ensure full compliance to all applicable requirements imposed by customer and statutory bodies, in close collaboration with competing suppliers during technical discussions.
- Acquisition and review of supplier engineering information and documentation such as mechanical drawings, schematics, calculations, electrical diagrams, etc.
- Responsible for integration of delivered components and or systems into ship design and in between other propulsion components in close cooperation with internal departments, supplier, statutory bodies, and owner.
- Compose technical and functional specification documents such as system description statements, installation and alignment procedures, HAT, and SAT procedures.
- Verify technical performance of products and systems such as dynamic simulations, inspection of equipment at supplier premises, FAT’s and during installation on board.
- Contribute to the further development of the engineering department.
As Integration Engineer Propulsion Systems, you will need to have:
- Bachelor degree preferably in engineering or proven work skills based upon experience.
- Experience in and knowledge of propulsion systems, in the naval shipbuilding, offshore or commercial shipbuilding.
- Good knowledge of English and preferably Dutch, both verbally and in writing.
- Competencies: customer, quality and results orientation, teamwork, behavioural flexibility, planning and organizing, management control, decisiveness, and initiative.
- Excellent references antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship combined with an EU work visa are both required for our employees given the military nature of projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary and 8% holiday pay.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 0.21 cents per kilometre.
- PME-pension arrangement with an employer contribution of 60%
- Profit sharing based on company results.
- Flexible home working policy and other benefits including a bicycle plan and company fitness.
Are you interested in the position of Integration Engineer Propulsion Systems, and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a valid permanent EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1