Engineer Configuration Management (Project Based)
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
As interim Engineer Configuration Management, you are responsible for managing the product configuration and all data and information associated with it, which collectively describes one of our unique vessels (effectively the product). It is your job to help ensure that everyone has access to the correct, up-to-date product data information in the PDM/PLM-system during the entire life cycle of the product.
The Configuration Management activities start in the proposal phase with the preparation of a correct offer to the customer, continuing throughout the development phase with managing of the configuration data, and extending into the maintenance phase of the delivered vessel, in such a way that the correct data is available for the project team and its subcontractors.
In this role you will effectively support the project by checking, processing, and enriching the product information provided by subcontractors and engineering teams in the PDM/PLM-system, as required to capture the product configuration. This will include activities in the field of data processing, configuration change control and document control. This will be done within the Yard Support team on the project, being based in our Vlissingen office.
You will also contribute to and support the formulation and improvement of Configuration Management (CM) processes and procedures, to be followed on the project, and record references to them in the Configuration Management Plan (CMP). You will transfer this knowledge to the project team by informing them and providing functional Configuration Management-support where needed.
As Engineer Configuration Management you will build / maintain the product breakdown structure, including all product information (internal and external), ensure that it is duly administrated in the PLM-system and assure that this information is all released and baselined correctly. Whenever changes are initiated, you will help processing these in the PDM/PLM-system to incorporate them into the product configuration. During the development process you will also play a role in checking the data integrity, checking for completeness and help to get any missing or incorrect data duly corrected or added. By means of checks and reports you ensure compliance to the set Configuration Management procedures and monitor the status of configuration changes, and you will initiate appropriate actions where necessary. You will pro-actively communicate your findings to internal and external stakeholders, as required.
The role of Engineer Configuration Management includes activities such as supporting validating and processing of customer and supplier data, configuration change control activities, document control and expediting.
As Engineer Configuration Management (Project Based) you need to have:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering and preferably experience with (Naval) shipbuilding, affinity with Systems Engineering and related technical processes (such as configuration management and or data management, document control and configuration change control).
- Engineering work experience however this position is also open to recent graduates with or without a few years of work experience. You will learn on the job with coaching of an experienced colleague.
- You can define and improve processes and document them accordingly, while having a helicopter view, but keeping a keen eye on the key details.
- You are a strong communicator both towards internal and external stakeholders, as well as having technical knowledge for the ability to effectively interpret and report on the status and issues relating to configuration data and change control.
- You are a strong team player who can interact well within your own team and with other teams, colleagues in other business areas and external parties.
- Characteristics: analytical, pragmatic, solution-oriented, pro-active, communicative, service-oriented, and enthusiastic.
- Good strong command of the English language both verbal and in written are required. If you speak Dutch and/or German, this is a big advantage.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of our projects).
- EU citizenship or valid EU work visa is required to be considered as a viable candidate.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 0.21 cents per kilometre.
- Flexible working from home policy.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a valid permanent EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered.